The committee welcomes submissions from individuals and organisations that relate to the review. If you wish to make a submission, please adhere to the following guidelines.
- Please submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly label the submission and any appendices that you attach. If you are unable to submit electronically, you can post your submission to:
GPO Box 2154
CANBERRA ACT 2601
- Each submission must include the submitter’s name, organisation (if relevant) and contact details.
- Emails should not exceed 3 megabytes in total size. This includes the submission and any appendices. If your submission is very large, send it in parts of no more than 3 megabytes each.
- If the submission is brief—three paragraphs or shorter—you may send it in the body of an email rather than attaching it separately.
- Please provide documents in a standard word processing format.
Contacting the secretariat
Further information about the 2011–12 Regional Telecommunications Review and the committee is on this site. You may find the information you need under the Media & FAQ tab.
You can contact committee secretariat via email@example.com or by calling 1800 064 851 (a free call from a landline service).
Publication of submissions
The secretariat will make submissions publicly available on this website unless the submission is confidential. Please allow time for this to occur.
The secretariat reserves the right not to publish any submission, or part of a submission, which in its view contains potentially defamatory material, or where it is appropriate to do so for confidentiality or other reasons.
The secretariat will treat all submissions as non-confidential unless the submitter specifically requests that a submission, or a part of that submission, is kept confidential and provides acceptable reasons with the request. Email disclaimers are not considered sufficient confidentiality requests.
Submitters of material marked as confidential or sensitive must understand that submissions may be released where authorised or required by law or for the purpose of parliamentary processes. In this instance, the secretariat will strive to consult submitters of confidential information before providing that information to another body or agency.
Submitters should note that submissions or comments are generally subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 1982.
The secretariat is subject to the Privacy Act 1988 and all submissions will be used only for the purpose of the review.
Register of lobbyists
A person who makes a submission on behalf of another person or on behalf of a company does not need to register as a lobbyist. For more information about the Lobbying Code of Conduct, see http://lobbyists.pmc.gov.au/index.cfm